what is tonage on these units any one please

Lennox M/N 13ACC-042-230-01, S# 5804J12265 Btu. or Tonage Please?

Lennox M/N 13ACC-037-230-01, S# 5804H29140 Btu. or Tonage Please?

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

3 1/2 ton

3 ton
Reply to
Steve

Tony, we don't sell Lennox, but do service a few. Just guessing, but I would imagine that the "13" in the model numbers means 13 SEER, and the "42" in the first unit means 42000 BTU or 3 1/2 ton, and the "37" is

37000, or a strong 3 ton. That would be logical-- but then you are talking about Lennox, so who knows. Hopefully, if I am wrong. someone will jump in with the correct info. Good luck Larry
Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331

Mighta been one was a much older recip compressor. More amps, well, they were less efficient. They usually mix the BTU/h into the model numbe. Some brands do.

Nawlins had a hurricane some years ago. Has it come back to life?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If I had known you were in New Orleans, I would have come down and had a beer with you. I only live an hour and a quarter away from there.

Reply to
Steve

Tony, regarding the rated amperages-- I've seen things like that before. I remember on Rheem/Ruud years ago I think the 3 and/or 3 1/2 ton 10 SEER units were rated about 1.5-2 amps less than the 12 SEER of the same size. I think I have seen other units rated similarly to yours where a unit was rated slightly lower than the one that was one size smaller. On yours, you are only talking about 1/2 ton difference. You are talking about the nameplate rating, and not the actual amp draw, aren't you? Is so, I wouldn't worry about it. Larry

Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331