So you really think that Goodman equipment is such a good deal?

So you're (aka "the homeowner") ready to buy that Goodman A/C system on the sole fact that its the cheapest unit you can find. Keep this in mind. You will most likely be using their CAUF evaporator coil. I just changed one last year in Aug due to refrigerant leaks. It just barely made the 5 yr warranty period. Just today, I went back and found that the coil I put in back in Aug of 2006 is now also leaking! It seems Goodman has quite a problem. This coil in particular is a CAUF3636. Ahhh the money this builder must have saved on this $350K+ home 6 yrs ago by having a 80% Goodman furnace and 10 SEER Goodman A/C installed. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

2 evaps... damn man, what is it, a meth house?
Reply to
<kjpro

Hi, How about chanigng it&#39;s name to Badman or Notsogoodman?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

... or perhaps your installation job was inadequate.

Reply to
CJT

"That POS on the scrap pile" works for me.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Hi, Wonder if the coil is made in China?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hell, *everything* is made in China or Mexico...

Reply to
<kjpro

Where in the coil was the leak?

Reply to
Moe Jones

I am retired from HVAC/R contracting, therefore, I have NO dog in this fight.

There could possibly be a vested interest connected with the put down of Goodman equipment. The leaks may have been at the brazed connections, even if they were not there have been a lot of Brands with coil leaks. Condemning Goodman equipment based on that reported incident is irrelevant, as most of those components are Mfg&#39;ered by the same companies. Goodman has a good reputation with the testing firms.

If I were putting in a Heat Pump it would be a Goodman.

The latest models of Goodman equipment will perform as well if not better than the higher priced brands & it comes with as good a warranty as there is in the industry.

udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

I can get you a 10 year parts a labor warranty on any brand. So the manufacture&#39;s warranty is really nothing to base your decision on. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Flame a way fellas , but ive installed hundreds in the last two years and have had but a small handful of warranty issues , i wouldnt hesitate to install or back goodman equipment . reasonably priced , readily available and generic controls ,a good warranty program ,no need to wait a week or better for proprietary and often very expensive parts as with , lennox, trane,Bryant etc ;-)

you wont hear me putting down their brands as pos&#39;s

me th

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

I have to disagree, Goodman equipment earned the reputation of being a POS. I am a one man, service only shop; I sub out installs or simply give the referral out depending on what they may be looking for. Trane by far out performs Goodman in the field ten fold. It may be that Amana will be a turn around for them but I have yet to see it.

Warranties are improving across the board but I&#39;d rather have a unit that doesn&#39;t need the repair work. I know contractors who would practically rebuild a Goodman before installing it, they knew which parts were most likely to fail. I wouldn&#39;t rule out a Goodman if the Customer wanted one though.

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph

and here come the flames , i stand by my statement they arent junkitrol anymore , but im not gonna waste my breath trying to convince the masses ,

bottom l

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

I do not sell equipment anymore, as I posted,

Reply to
Joseph

lets go back about five years ? goodman was a janitrol spinoff line , right ? lot;s of problem, poor designs , ill never forget the old gmp-series multi positon piece of shit , no doubt , i doubt theres one of em left in service but then they seemed to get a clue , started getting away from the whiz bang , tahnk you maa&#39;m method of construction , like i said earlier they are getting better , better steel, tighter lines , better controls i can&#39;t say that ive had one leaky evap yet , but , i&#39;ll grant you that i may have one i need to look at next week , jury is still out ------ ive made a good and honest living installing this stuff , and ive got hundreds of happy customers ,

get over it boy&#39;s ,goodman is here , cuz its fairly good stuff its reasonably priced , and its easy and quick to repair and your customer&#39;s arent left feeling like youve f***ed em up the ass whens the last time you paid for a fan control board for a lennox only to pass on your markup , and wound up charging 4 to 5 hundred dollars for it ?

when was the last time you took a good look at one ? or even installed one ? ill bet it&#39;s been a while

"Joseph" wrote:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Funny you mention that :-) Jokingly, I asked the homeowner if she or anyone in the home was running a meth-lab or spraying brake cleaner around in the home. Yes, it was a joke. No such thing. Upscale neighbor hood, normal residential stuff.

Whats even more fun is today I had ANOTHER Godman coil refrigerant leak. A CAUF048C2A. This one I installed in July of 2006. The coil had a 2005 date code on it. Both coils leaked in the same place. All around the bottom row of coils. Neither would show up with bubbles. Only found it with the electronic. 2 lbs of R-22 in each to get them going again and Monday they each get new coils. Nothing like warranty work. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Perhaps, CJT, You are just retarded? But then, Im sure if you installed evaporator coils, you would give them a good acid bath and then a quick belt sanding before it was installed. Bite me. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I still have GMP in service in *MY* home... its noisy as hell. The only problem I have had with it is that the board failed twice in 11 years. I

*had* a Goodman condenser that after 4 years blew the terminals out of the side of the compressor.....It was replaced with a Rheem RAMB condenser.

FWIW, I have a couple of customers that still have Goodman equipment, most are looking at replacement in the near future.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Bottom row of coils. Id assume it was already pinholed or the infamous formicary corrosion worked its magic on the &#39;already too thin riffled(sp?) copper tubing". Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Which is why you should have stopped right there.

Yeah, and black helicoptors are hovering above your head right now ready to scoop you up.

Wrong again, and as usual.

hehehe. Kinda clueless then, aren&#39;t cha?

Wrong again. Its cheap and its cheap for a reason. Post your blithering clueless comments on your webpage. Get a clue. Retire and stay there. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba