Running fan continuously?

I don't know for sure what the others are talking about, but I'm talking about ECM DC motors which are alleged to take very little power when running at low speeds.

Reply to
Ted Lee

No "alleged" about it... the Rheem RGPR-07 furnace only draws 113 watts according to GAMA

Reply to
Noon-Air

Tony has it all wrong, he *is* the one smoking the weeds. His shit is

*always* way off in left field.
Reply to
KJPRO

That's "PE" which is defined as "The electrical energey input rate supplied to the power burner (combustion air blower, fuel pump, damper motor) of a furnace or boiler operating under continuous burning (steady-state) conditions." I interpret that as what it draws when it's actively heating, and, with an ECM, presumably at full speed. I admit even that's pretty good, although there are other furnaces with even lower (not necessarily comparing apples to apples) but we have been talking about how much it draws when running on low and as far as I can that GAMA report doesn't address that.

Reply to
Ted Lee

Since you seem unwilling to take our word for it, put your fan on low speed by switching from "auto" to "on" at the t-stat, take an amp meter and measure how many amps it draws. Then use Ohms law to figure the cost. Most of us have sat through enough classes given by the makers of this equipment and listened to their numbers about power consumption. That's one of the selling points of variable speed equipment. When we say around 120 watts we know because we have heard it over and over. Now unless they are lying to us I would say they know how much power their equipment uses. Rodney

Reply to
Rod