return air in bathroom

I would like to add a secondary return air vent (12"x12" - 10" round flex duct) in a bathroom, but I've always heard to never put a return air vent in a bathroom. This would be in addition to the existing 16"x25" return air on the other side of the house. The upstairs of this house has a 2.5 ton A/C unit which the 400 sq in. filter return air is simply not adequate (14" flexible duct). The existing return air cannot easily be enlarged due to structural issues, while the addition of a bathroom return air could be easily added.

is odor the primary reason not to put a return air vent in a bathroom? Will excess humidity cause any issues?

The house I plan to put this in has a larger vaulted ceiling bathroom with a separate small commode room, so odor is unlikely to be a problem, and the bathroom is very convenient to the A/C evaporator.

Comments?

Reply to
Bruce Kelly

That's correct.

#1 reason would be... it's against the current "Mechanical Code".

Now you want us to believe "your shit don't stink"?

Don't do it...

Reply to
<kjpro

Wait till your whole family has gone to dinner at a Mexican restaurant and everyone is drinking. Then let us know how well that return in the bathroom works out for you. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

That will be a blast!

Reply to