Replacing oil fired burner with on-demand LP water heater in forced air system

I just checked with my HVAC installer/repair guy. He agrees that a H/P would be good, if it can be installed inside a shed, not out in the salt air, where it would rot in no time. He also says that the on-demand system would save us money on our current overall bill, even though oil provides more BTUs/gal than LP does.

Thanks for your valuable response.

regards,

socoast

Reply to
socoast

I doubt that your air is saltier than ours in Victoria unless you live in a beach house. We have plenty of functioning, non-corroded heat pumps doing just fine here. Forget the shed and find a new HVAC contracter and start saving money....norcoast

Reply to
kool

I see you've come to your senses. The heat pump in a shed is a GREAT idea! Make sure you seal that shed up super tight. Caulk every seam and joint you can find. Dont let any of that nasty salt in that uint. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Tell your install/repair guy that he's FULL OF SHIT, then go find a

*competent* one!
Reply to
<kjpro

Bullshit to the too much Salt Issue. IF he is that worried about it, he can have the Unit dipped. I strongly reccomend a Trane unit if it is seaside

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo