Highest efficiency furnace-for the history buffs out there

Something that Stormy installed. It would be so efficient that it wouldn't use any fuel or power.

Reply to
Jim Dandy

Hello group,

Just curious, who has manufactured the residential furnace with the highest efficiency, to date, in North America? Two points for the correct answer, opinions and or facts welcome.

Thought this may be interesting.

Mike

(shout out to Abby Normal whereever you are)

Reply to
Mike Cahill

It wouldn't need to heat anyone, as the owner would be out looking to get even with \\Stormy

Reply to
Alexander

You thought wrong. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

electric strips

Ditto :-)

Reply to
Steve

There was a guy who invented a 140% furnace. I think it used 3 heat exchangers.

Reply to
HVAC

Did you even stop to think about this??? It's not even possible!!!

Reply to
KJPRO

I assume you believe in the Edenpure bullshit too???

Reply to
KJPRO

Remember the YorkTriathalon HP? Wasn't it rated at 120 or 130 percent efficient?

Reply to
The King

Or Stromies efficiency calculator.

Reply to
Alexander

So far I've heard of several by American Standard & Goodman [I think] to be 98% efficient. But that's an AFUE rating which takes electrical usage into account.

But, there has been designs that used a fuel powered generator, that provided electrical and heat.. which was touted as being high in efficiency. But I haven't heard anything on that one in a long time.

Originally a condensing furnace design was from the early 1950's but fuel being cheap, it wasn't popular because of price [stainless steel heat exchanger.] I don't recal reading how "efficient" it was though.

Reply to
Zyp

But he said furnace... HP's another story...

Reply to
KJPRO