Heat Pump question

We have a new all electric heat pump system. When the outside temperature is 15-20 and the electric strips come on, the register temperature is about 90. However, when the strips are not operating, the temperature is between 78 and 82. Is that reasonable? What should the temperature be for the air coming out of the registers when the electric strips are not operating? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Jack

It's normal for the heat pump to not be able to raise the air temp as much as the electric strips. Particularly at that low an outside air temp.

Reply to
James

You probably have a defective thermostat. I hope they changed your low voltage wiring out with new when you got your new system? You should be getting at least 108 degrees. If its not, call the company and demand they come out and install the proper unit. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba