Heat Anticipator-Heat Pump

I do not have a gas pack heat pump but have a t-stat with a heat anticipator. I know that the anticipator is adjusted for the amperage flow to the gas valve on gas packs but how is it adjusted for a heat pump unit with electric resistance heat? Does my system have the wrong t-stat?

Thanks for any help...

RTB PHX

Reply to
Anonymous

A thermostat with a heat anticipator?? Oh my no. Thats all wrong. Where did you find something like that?

The molecular ions get excited and run around the nucleas of the heat strips. This high kinetic energy causes heat.

Yes, definately the wrong stat. Get a new one. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Yes, Heat pump THs can have both cooling & heating anticipators. The cooling mode anticipator is fixed, the heating mode may have both stages using adjustable heat anticipators. Adjustable settings are specific to the specific equipment's components, leave those settings to the service tech!

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Not only to gas valves...it is to what ever the heat anticipator circuit is controlling....be it the 1st stage or 2nd stage and so on Which is characteristic to analog t-stats....digital have set adjust heat anticipation (that can also manually adjusted)

Reply to
daytona°

Yes, Heat pump THs can have both cooling & heating anticipators. The cooling mode anticipator is fixed, the heating mode may have both stages using an adjustable or fixed heat anticipator. Adjustable settings are specific to the specific equipment's components, leave those settings to the service tech!

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Model numbers.......t-stat for starters.

Reply to
smokin