Furnace burner comes on but blower does not

My problem has a few minor complicating factors. First, I have a dual fuel heat pump. Several years ago, an HVAC tech told me that the compressor could no longer be used for heating purposes and I would have to switch over to the emergency heat setting which uses the gas furnace exclusively. Last summer, I replaced the blower motor and all was well until this fall when we turned on the heat and had none. I noticed that the furnace is coming on for about a minute and then shuts off. Apparently it is shutting off so as not to overheat since the blower is not responding. My system has some very complicated looking controls between the thermostat and the HVAC and I'm thinking maybe just replacing the whole mess with a simple traditional thermostat since the heat pump is no longer functioning. In the mean while, does anyone have any idea of what may be the problem or where to look. The new fan is a two speed where the original was not and I connected the wire that causes the fan to run in the high speed mode. I am reasonably knowledgeable with regards to things electrical and mechanical and want to fix the thing myself if possible.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Reply to
Steve

You need to call a tech that knows WTF they are doing. Quit screwing with it yourself, You have already demonstrated that you don't have the knowledge or experience to deal with your comfort system. There is a very high likelyhood that your gonna do more damage by DIY, and it will be more expen$ive to repair.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Be sure you follow these directions exactly.

First, cut the power to the unit. Go to the heat pump, take the control access panel off. You will see some copper tubing. Now here is the tricky part. There are large tubes, medium size tubes and very small tubes in a cluster. Take a pair of needle nose pliers and pinch all of the tubes one at a time. Be careful not to pinch them so tight that they break. Just so they are flat. Put the cover back on the unit. Go back in the house, restore the power, turn the thermostat to 3 deg higher than the current room temp. Call your family into the room, put you hands in your armpits, hop around and squawk like a chicken. Problem solved.

Reply to
24yrshvac

Was that the same HVAC tech that told you to get a heat pump in the first place? Who told you you'd be wasting your money if you installed anything other than a heat pump? Or did your system come with the house when you bought it?

Coming here to ask advice will get you nowhere. All the dorks around here are going to tell you to buy another heat pump, this time with more complicated and expensive electronics.

The HVAC industry is a scam. All the clowns that scratch out a living doing it here will tell you to buy a new heat pump, this time with a control system that runs Windows Vista. See, they get a kick-back when they push certain hardware, so they won't get their trip to Hawaii unless they can sell enough heat pump units to home owners like you.

They all spew crap like modern HVAC systems are more efficient and save money - until 10 years later they want you to buy a new system when a $100 board or $500 compressor fails. Most people don't stay in the same house long enough to realize the savings of new equipment, and they think they're getting away lucky if they have to replace their HVAC system only once during the time they own a home.

Reply to
HVAC Guy

Still using it for air conditioning?

Reply to
Bill

HVAC Gay Guy ROFL

Reply to
Zyp

Steve;

You messed up on the installation of the motor [unless you had the 'handi-man' "do-it", then he messed up.] Either way, maybe it's time to call a pro.

Reply to
Zyp