concentric vent icing problem

I work maintenance at an apartment complex in northeast Wisconsin. Every winter when the temperature dips below 0 degrees, some of our unit furnaces are disrupted because of condensation ice that forms inside the concentric vent pipe. So far, our only solution has been to go up into the rafters and cut the pipe, then blow hot air up the pipe until the ice melts. Sometimes this can take hours. There must be a better way. Any ideas?

Reply to
csimeneta

Call a qualified technician.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Are they installed to the manufactures specifications?

Reply to
<kjpro

Maybe a portion of the pipe is exposed to the outdoors. Try insulating the exposed vent pipe with some armaflex. Sounds like the cold inlet air is causing the hot outlet air to freeze. Usually only a 1&#39; section of the concentric vent is exposed to the outside. If your termination is longer, then this might be the problem.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Brilliant! You do know where the intake air goes on a Concentric, right Canadian? It would be right where you want to insulate. Hows the furnace going to get air dilrod? And its not the hot outlet thats freezing. Its the intake pipe at the wall. Usually frost and ice all over the wall. To the OP: Get the installation booklet and vent it per the directions. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

bubba, as usual you are a dumb shit. Notice how you have no help to offer the guy, just jump on me, because you are obssessed.

Insulation will slide over a concentric vent pipe, without impeding flue gases or inlet air. Your just too dumb to understand I guess. Keep it up bubbs, and I will keep shooting you down!

HAHAHA

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

There&#39;s a picture so bubbs can understand too! HAHA

Notice the 2" exhaust section, prior to the termination? Probably not, your an idiot... Slide thje 2 1/4" armaflex around the exposed exhaust pipe.

His freezing is happening inside the vent pipe, not at the termination.

Good luck bubbs ;)

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Yeah, it&#39;s going to happen INSIDE where it&#39;s warmer.

You&#39;re a complete MORON... are you related to Stormin?

Reply to
<kjpro

Thanks, Danger. My job is turnover maintenance. I paint and fix things that are broken in vacant apartments to get them ready for the next tennant. Sometimes I am called on to perform beyond the limits of my experience or knowledge. You&#39;re explanation and suggestion is exactly what I was looking for. Charlie

Reply to
csimeneta

WHAT A DUMBSHIT.

THE INSTRUCTIONS HE POSTED CALL FOR A MINIMUM OF 18" EXTENSION FOR CANADIAN APPLICATIONS. danGerR ONLY INSTALLS THEM WITH 12" EXTENSION?

BUBBA, YOUR SISTER-COUSIN IS SMARTER THAN THIS IDIOT.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Too Funny.... LMAO

Reply to
<kjpro

Might be sloped incorrectly, or not drained. In that case, there may be a pool of water in the vent tube.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Doesnt matter. DANgER will NEVER get it right. No big suprise Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Thanks for your input, Stormin. We have run into the "pooling of water" problem on occassion, but in this case we know it&#39;s an icing problem from condensation. Charlie

Reply to
csimeneta

Exactly what I said KY Pro!

"His freezing is happening inside the vent pipe, not at the termination."

It is possible to have 2" exhaust run in a non heated space, but still be inside the house.

Your the idiot....why even bother posting, when everytime you do, you end up looking like the moron! Give bubbs a reach around and f*ck off!

HAHA

Incompetents!

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

LOL the instructions I posted were for a boiler. It included a picture for bubbs to follow along. Do you understand what an example is? I have no idea what csimeneta is working on exactly.

Sorry but your looking dumb too there Oscar!

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Nope. Only one Retard here and we all know its the Canadian wonderless DANgER boy. Wiring past safetys, and replacing parts till he gets it right. What a smuck. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I thought Canadian had a good concept. Tubes too long, outside.

Second thought comes to mind. Wonder if you could increase the velocity speed of the exhaust air? Narrow the tube, and really get it ripping along?

With some serious redesign, you could take the intake air from some where else. And that way the hot exhaust would keep the tube warm. Seeing as how it would now behave like double wall exhaust. Without the inrush of cold air, the exhaust tube could actually get warm.

You&#39;d have to convert it back, in the spring.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Have you ever seen, let alone used a concentric kit?

Yeah, that&#39;s something I&#39;m sure the manufactures want you doing...

Really? Ever read an instruction manual for piping REQUIREMENTS???

Why?

If it&#39;s going to be f***ed up during the time it&#39;s needed most, why not leave it screwed up the entire time?

The above person just typed some stupid crap...

Reply to
<kjpro

wrote

I&#39;m sure he has...once a week he&#39;s allowed to venture away from the home on a day pass.....Dildo does the driving....

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw