Carrier vs. Bryant, What's different?

Hi, Experts, Is there a sure difference between this two? At last got hold of a real experienced, knowlegeable installer who started with Manual J calculation.

My choice of our new furnace is 2 stage, variable speed blower model. He gave a choice of comparable York, Carrier and Bryant. Any advices? Installer says any one of this 3 is a good choice. I am still shy on modulating type for reliability concern. York will need little more sheet metal work to fit. I'll have to decide by next week. Thanks,

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Personally as an HVAC Tech, I dont think the reliability is where it should be for variable speed motors on residential applications , and this takes into account all major brands of furnaces ; the biggest complain ive seen is them not coming up to full speed after some time . If you move ahead with a variable speed furnace, i would check into seeing if theres an extended parts warranty offered thru the manufacturer or thru an independent warranty company that the Installer would have access to. In fact to close the deal, why not get the Contractor you select to throw in an extended warranty on ALL furnace parts including labor to replace ----- if the standard warranty is 5 years on parts....get it bumped up to 10 years making sure you recieve a formal certificate stating such.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Hi, The warranty on all 3 is 10 year parts, lifetime heat exchanger. He is throwing in free labor to replace parts if and when one fails B4 10 year period.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Near me, there is a parts house that handles Carrier and Bryant. I think they are different names for the same equipment.

Less certain about York.

I like simple. Two or three stage blowers, and simple, generic sensors and circuit boards.

.

My choice of our new furnace is 2 stage, variable speed blower model. He gave a choice of comparable York, Carrier and Bryant. Any advices? Installer says any one of this 3 is a good choice. I am still shy on modulating type for reliability concern. York will need little more sheet metal work to fit. I'll have to decide by next week. Thanks,

Reply to
Stormin Mormon