Cannot find Refco vacuum pump oil.

Suggest you call or write:

North American Headquarters: REFCO Manufacturing (US) Inc.

66 B Industry Avenue Springfield MA 01104/USA 24 / 7 Customer Service +1 800 848 4232 Bus> Hi All,
Reply to
Bennett Price

I would use the Castrol personally, it has never let me down yet.

You can also us a good gear oil, its thicker and will allow a deeper vacuum

Let us know how it turns out.

Reply to
geoman

I would use the Castrol oil, its a little heavier, I have used for really deep vacuums Gear oil, you can get it at any auto supply store. Its very heavy so it allows a really deep vaccum and wont thin out if you have to pump for a long time and the pump gets hot.

Let us know how the repair comes out. Rich

Reply to
geoman