Very noisy newly installed sidewall exhaust for " high efficiency" home furnace.

My neighbor just installed a sidewall exhaust from a "high efficiency" home furnace and the oval shaped dual tubed exhaust/ intake cover (Trane?) sits about ten feet from our side yard patio. And about fifteen feet from our bedroom We live in a normally very quiet country neighborhood.The noise from it is very disturbing, so much so that we have to keep our doors and windows shut all the time. It runs for about 15 minutes every half hour, day and night.It sounds like and is as loud as a hair dryer or vacuum cleaner. The noise can be heard across the street in another neighbors house. My question is, can't the exhaust be sent up to the roof where it wouldn't be so loud.The old furnace was exhausted to the roof. How much could it cost to re-route the exhaust to the roof? Also, the white exhaust smoke wafts right over our heads at times, so aren't we at risk for inhaling CO or some other noxious products of combustion?

Reply to
sleepless

What is the distance between the exhaust and your home? Those high eff. furnace are loud. Was the installation inspected by the local code inforcement dept.? There are code restrictions that regulate venting, distances and nuisanace.Codec section 501.2; Ducts conveying explosive or flammable vapors, fumes or dusts, 30ft. from property line, 10ft. from operable opinings into buildings, 6ft. from exterior walls and roofs, 10ft. above adjoining grade. Yes that is co gas exhausted from the furnace.

Reply to
stanhvac1

I really want to know if it is possible to run the exhaust from where it is now, up the exterior wall to a vent on the roof. Or to vent it to an interior pipe that goes up to the roof. I asked the neighbor four months ago if she would speak to her HVAC contractor re a solution and offered to pay half of the cost. She hasn't talked to me since. Currently, the dual vent/intake sits about ten feet above grade, ten feet from my sideyard/patioset, 15-20 ft from my kitchen and bedroom. It is also about 8 ft from her own bedroom window.

Reply to
disqus_F4elrIr5Xf