Subject Author Posted Replies

Planning new home landscaping takes time, patience
Where to begin? When you move into a brand new house that is surrounded by nothing but an expanse of curling, just-laid sod or, even worse, rutted mud and construction debris, it can be hard to decide...
1
1

Want to swap seeds?
Want to swap seeds? Why not check out my website! Here you can read my garden blog, view my albums, swap seeds, lear about sowing or, if you like, leave a message in the guestbook. The address is: You...

Acer Platanoides Red Leafed Norway Maple
Hi, We've recently just planted an Acer Platanoides Red Leafed Norway Mapl in our garden. I went to water it the other day and give a look over when i notice that quite a few of the leaves had holes...
10
10

Rose Easter Cactus (Rhipsalidopsis rosea)
My Rose Easter Cactus (Rhipsalidopsis rosea) is a few years old. For the last several months it's has been dropping segments like crazy. There is no draft. I've changed water frequency and repotted it...
3
3

Echo 21.2CC Straight Shaft Trimmer
I want to buy the Echo 21.2CC Straight Shaft Trimmer priced $199 as of now at HD. Does anyone here know if the Echo trimmers will go on some kind of end of season sale soon? Looks like most of the...
2
2

Disillusionment Of A Tree Grower
So I planted 1,000 trees over an eight-year period, and then Ronny Reagan said that trees cause pollution. Apparently, a University of Helsinki study confirmed this assertion in finding that trees,...
16
16

Any hope for my 40 year old Cypress?
My garden is flanked by a number of evergreens, including Leylandii an Cypress, which were planted back in the 60s. Last year one of our Leylandii completely died. We had it cut out, b the guy who...
3
3

trees for the backyard
Hi there, Im a new subscriber whos lurked around the search engine of this group for a while. This morning, new neighbors just cut down a beautiful tree that was the corner tree for 4 house lots. This...
18
18

Plan B?
I was given a tomato by the gardener in Colonial Williamsburg last week. Despite it's gnarly shape it was extremely tasty! Anyway, we want to plant some of the seeds next year so I tried to ferment...

wanted to sell some of my gardening books and rose books
I just checked for rules for posting on this group. I couldn't find any. I have a number of gardening books and magazines to sell. Many on growing roses. Do people ever sell items on this site or is...
1
1

spider mites
We're having a terrible drought where I live and spider mites have been are nightmare. I've sprayed my large number of inpatients with several insecticides including a systemic and these pests keep...
7
7

there has to be an easier way
My plums are ripe. taste great and I've already gathered enough to make a half batch of wine(if i wished) thing is, they are a pain to pit. local wineshop told me to freeze them to help...
9
9

how to test plum ripeness?
someone posted about soaking a type of fruit in water to see if they are ripe(ripe ones sink) but ALL the plums i've been picking have been sinking. is this test fuit specific? (though maybe the pits...
3
3

David vs. Goliath
At this Web site will find details of an infamous lawsuit by Scott's against tiny Terracycle, a company that sells liquid worm poop. Many of us use worm castings or liquid version in our gardens; we...
11
11

Any herbalists in the Buffalo, NY, area?
Okay, I can't stand it. I gave away all my herbs and I'm mourning their loss like crazy. I've been able to pick up a few new herbs since I've been here but not many. I'd love to get some thyme (as...
4
4