zinnia diseases

My zinnia saplings are affected by a disease. The top leaves have become curly and distorted. No pests/organisms are seen even when seen with a magnifying glass. There have been no improvement even on spraying systemic insecticide. The top of plants were cut yet the new growth again appears to be curly. Has any one faced this problem? Do suggest a remedial action.

Reply to
vijay

Systemic insecticide for a Zinnia ? I could see a tree peony but an annual ? Since this appears to be your first post I'd say you are a bit crazy. Not a bad thing but insane came to mind first. Rip then out improve the soil and get back.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Saplings are young trees. Zinnias are medium-sized green annuals, not saplings. Cutting the tops of zinnias would not leave much left, at this time in my climate. (Actually, it's still too soon to put zinnias out here.) Usually a few of my zinnias die mysteriously. Twice all my zinnia seedlings in the house got a disease that spread to all my Asteraceae seedlings! But sorry, no particular advice for you.

Reply to
Andrew Ostrander