Wintering hydrangeas

I have young plants from cuttings just potted. Googling suggests removing from clay pots and either planting outside or lying in a protected area when autumn leaves are falling. Seems harsh to me. Wonder if I could continue growing in sunny window or move to basement (ca 60 deg. F) shaded window. Also have larger pots on sheltered porch as possibility. Do hydrangeas have to go completely dormant? I'm in Northern DE. Frank

Reply to
Frank

JoeSpareBedroom

much to say about this topic. Frank

Reply to
Frank

Call them. They probably participate in the master gardener program: Really old people who field questions from the public. Some of these people know every damned thing about plants.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom