Winter cleanup questions...

Hi all... Coupla questions:

1.) Do I need to do anything for newly planted (this past summer) hardy hibiscus to ready them for winter? Cut to the ground? I have a Lord Baltimore and a "clown" I think it's called. The stalks are bare on the LB, but the "Clown" still has leaves and is bushier and not as Cane-like as the Lord Baltimore.

2.) I planted Mexican Primrose this past summer as well, and it's spread pretty impressively in just that short time. It won't travel into my grass if I don't have some sort of barrier on the bed, will it? The flowers are beautiful when it blooms.

Thanks! Lori (zone 5)

Reply to
~Lori

Hildur M. Hendricks

The Manual of Herbaceous Ornamentals shows rose mallow to be hardy in zone 5 but it's the coldest zone shown for it. Personally I am a believer in mulch.

Reply to
Beecrofter

The Mexican primrose is invasive in my zone 7 garden - Southern Maryland. It spreads into the grass but the lawn mower keeps in under control. It has, however spread over and under landscape cloth and blooms happily wherever it wants to. Carolyn

Reply to
Carolyn LeCrone

there are lots of invasive plants here in Mount Pocono.

JoJo sometimes takes his snow shovel to them in July to help him prepare for the snow season.

xoxoxo

--MommyBartlo--

Reply to
Mommy Bartlo