Where can I reliably buy plants on the internet from the UK?

I want to order geraniums from the UK, any tips please

-- catherinexxx

Reply to
catherinexxx

Why wouldn't you want to buy from a nearby independent nursery or local grower? Mail-ordered plants are smaller -- you often pay as much for a seedling not old enough to survive in the garden as you'd pay for a well-along gallon pot from a garden center. Mail ordered starts are often straight from the greenhouse to you, not hardened off at all. Geraniums are apt to be shipped as bare roots. Unless you're looking for specialty bulbs or anything so different that only distant growers can provide it, always support your local independent nurseries first & formost -- you'll get larger more mature plants for the same money or less money.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat