Where are you all?

It would be useful, where follks are posting, if they indicated their location & tyupe of climate.

I keep intending to do that in my siganture but haven't quite got control of my newsreader yet. (Forte Agent - very versatile but a bit complex in the options dept.)

Here goes another try.

Alexander Miller, Vancouver Island; Zone 7-8ish? Soggy winters, baked dry summers. Shallow topsoil, blue clay beneath. Using mostly raised beds :) Alexander Miller,Vancouver Island; Zone 7-8ish? Shallow topsoil, blue clay beneath. Soggy winters, baked dry summers. Using mostly raised beds :)

Reply to
Alex

|Here goes another try. | |Alexander Miller, Vancouver Island; Zone 7-8ish? |Soggy winters, baked dry summers. |Shallow topsoil, blue clay beneath. |Using mostly raised beds :) |Alexander Miller,Vancouver Island; |Zone 7-8ish? |Shallow topsoil, blue clay beneath. |Soggy winters, baked dry summers. |Using mostly raised beds :)

Reply to
Alex

snipped-for-privacy@home.com expounded:

Ah, you're on the old Agent 1.9, so I kinda forget where the signatures are. On 3.3 it's under Tools/Options/Posting Messages/Signatures. If you include '-- ' (that's hyphen hyphen space) at the beginning of your sig most proper newsreaders will delete your sig when someone wants to reply to you (no one needs multilined signatures repeated over and over in a thread).

Reply to
Ann

g'day alex,

where we live is all described on our web page,

and we are devotees of raised gardens.

climatic or numbered zone ereferences are a rough guide, as most of us in what ever zone/climate we are in have micro-climates, that is why one gardener in a community may be able to do what another can't.

snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

len garden

It is a good idea to use a sig delimiter. Sigs longer than 4 lines is frowned upon by many.

Reply to
Travis M.

It is called a sig delimiter. Google will bring up more info than you probably want or need.

Reply to
Travis M.

"Travis M." expounded:

Yes, Travis, I know that. Most don't, so I was trying to keep it simple.

Reply to
Ann

Austin, Texas Zone 8b HOT HOT HOT in summer, mild winters.

Reply to
Jangchub

"Google will bring up more info than you probably want or need."

I may be alredy getting that :))

Alexander Miller, Vancouver Island; Zone 7-8ish? Soggy winters, baked dry summers. Shallow topsoil, blue clay beneath. Using mostly raised beds :)

Reply to
Alex

While I think that is a good idea to put SOME information in your sig line too much info is just as bad as no info. I would much rather see a sig line that contains the link to the person's web site (if they have one). You can get a lot of good ideas from looking at posters' web site and, usually, find out all about their location.

Reply to
Bill R

Southcental Alaska. USDA Zone 3. Deep loamy soil, no rocks. Cool winters, cool summers. Reliable snow cover all winter.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

A sig delimiter is really quite necessary. I'd remove the smiley as well, as it's ambiguous as well as annoying.

Reply to
John McWilliams

John, John, John, stand tall and proud, and say it out loud

East Bay is Oakland (Is the city's motto really, "Come Back, We weren't Shooting at You"?) and Beezerkly, cultural and intellectual Mecca's of the Left Coast, respectively.

You don't want to go identifying yourself with them quiche munchin', chardonnay guzzlin' beatniks and hippies of San Francisco, who are always lost in the fog do you? That is fog . . . isn't it?

Just an hour away (three hours during commute),

- Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
William Rose

If my back weren't killing me right now, I would!

I have wee problems with the Gov'ts of both burgs, and live in neither.

I'd be o.k. with that.

N, S, E?

j.

Reply to
John McWilliams

John, Forestville, up by Santa Rosa, north of the "City". I hope your back is from too much fun in the garden. Sometimes I can get rid of back problems by lying on my back and then crunching up and pointing my elbow at the opposite knee, 10 or 20 times. It twists your spine and puts tracion on it at the same time. If you have a bad disk though, forget I said anything. Whatcha growin'?

- Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
William Rose

Unlike John, who is both annoying and unambiguous,

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

That's a nice area, I did some Refereeing up there just a few weeks ago, and have toured the gardens in SR, and Chas. Schultz' home. I avoid the vineyards, though!

I am pretty much pot bound. Err, I see how doubly ambiguous that is. What I mean is, I currently rent, so everything except jade plants and ivy, is in a pot or planter. No veggies, nothing bigger than a ficus at six feet. I can't wait to get back into real soil, but maybe now is not the time.

Reply to
John McWilliams

All of the Bay area is or, was, nice. But the traffic is way out of control. River Road used to be a sleepy little thoroughfare now I need to wait a couple of minutes for the traffic to clear so that I can get on. I agree about the vineyards. They used to be mom and pop run affairs and you could stop in, taste the wine and, have a bit of a chin wag with the owners. These days the wine hasn't improved that much, they charge you $5 minimum to taste some pretty ordinary wines or $20 to taste the good stuff. And then your talking to some smily-faced youth that is telling you that the nondescript wine in your glass has assertive flavors of cassis, violets and, pomegranates and is full-bodied and, robust and, practically a steal at $35/bottle. And then, no matter how good your wine is, if Robert Parker doesn't give it 90 points, it is difficult to sell. Me? I only go into wineries when they pay me to.

North of here, people are very pot bound. At $5,000/lb your not likely to talk them out of the notion. The DEA must have a small army up in Mendocino and Humbolt Counties. Buy pot, California's #1 agricultural product and, keep California green. Between the pot, the abalone poaching and, the mushroom poaching, the forest rangers up here need roller skates to keep-up with what's going on.

E-mail me if you like.

- Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
William Rose

Leesburg, Alabama, zone 7

Reply to
Gloria

Depends on the weather for me...right now, I'd say I'm in Hell ;-) Or Klamath county, Oregon. Zone 6 I believe?

Reply to
Lilah Morgan