What to plant in the toilet?

No not the one inside the house silly.

I mean a defunct one, out in the yard as a decorative accent of course. A planter, potted plant...

What plant would not only look good in the white comode but also have an inside joke or wry wit?

Hmmm...St John's Wort?

My knowledge base is small...

Jay

Near Vegas, zone 9ish

Reply to
JJ

Something with obvious thorns. Something spiky. Maybe a cactus sticking straight up in the middle would make some people cringe.

Will this be an annual? Or a perennial? What zone are you in?

Reply to
Warren

JJ asked "What plant would not only look good in the white comode but also have an inside joke or wry wit? "

I would block the outflow pipe and grow Bog plants

Reply to
David Hill

You are ACTUALLY going to put a toilet in your yard?????

Kidding, right?

*sigh* to each his own I guess....

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

That would be my response lol.

Reply to
GrampysGurl

If you don't get winter, you're probably OK. Otherwise, you might have to consider that the trap in the toilet will hold water and thereby be susceptible to cracking the ceramic when you get freezing temperatures.

Also, most plants' roots require air as well as water, so they need some drainage in their pots.

JJ wrote:

Reply to
dps

Me too. Otherwise original poster is an asshole ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Pee-tunias actually look good in one. Plant not only the bowl but the tank as well.

Reply to
redclay13

Thanks Warren,

I generally prefer perennials and self seeding annuals.

I do have some cactus in pots that could use a change of venue. And it would work for my location, the very last line in my orginal post was "Near Vegas, zone 9ish."

Thanks

Jay

Reply to
JJ

Bog! I love it! Hmmm perhaps I could stick it in my pond instead.

I'm going to have to "ponder" this one.

Jay

Reply to
JJ

See, you gals have a finely attuned sense of form, balance and style.

I am a crazy bachelor guy nicknamed the Pig.

Jay the Pig

Reply to
JJ

Winters are very mild here.

Thanks for mentioning the trap. Maybe this is my chance to try out one of my ceramic/glass drills. Or what if I just puddled some strong acid to eat out the bottom of the trap. Actually this makes me wonder what would happen if I etched away the hard smooth outer layer.

Would I then have something like a Chia toilet?

Thanks!

Jay

Reply to
JJ

Hmmm....the tank! See this time I just have the bowl.

Oh man, I'm in trouble. Now I want a tank too!

Thanks Red!

Jay

Reply to
JJ

Not sure where I saw it, but someone sprayed his car with adhesive, then grass seed. Maybe you could use that concept.

Reply to
dps

And likely to stay that way from the looks of things... ;-)

Reply to
Jacqueline

Stapelia gigantea would have an appropriate smell.

deg

Reply to
Dewitt

Sheesh...me too. Pick up some porch geese with tons of "outfits" while you're at it. :::cringe:::

Reply to
Stu Pidasso

Don't forget the "Madonna in a Bathtub" grotto. That would coordinate nicely with the toilet.

Vox Humana

Well Sugar... you can CHANGE that. after all, pigskin makes some of the finest shoes and boots and gloves you gould ever wear ;-)

Kate

| >>You are ACTUALLY going to put a toilet in your yard????? | >>

| >>Kidding, right? | >>*sigh* | >>to each his own I guess.... | >>

| >>Kate | >>

| >That would be my response lol. | | See, you gals have a finely attuned sense of form, balance and style. | | I am a crazy bachelor guy nicknamed the Pig. | | Jay the Pig |

Reply to
SVTKate

NO HOLD ON JUST A COTTON PICKIN MINUTE!

Must I teach ya'll how to accessorize???

No toilet ensemble would be complete without...

A rusted out dead car or three in the yard with weeds growing up around the sides so thick you cant' tell what kind of car it is.

Kate