Using drosera binata against flies

Hi all

This is my fist post so do tell me off if I'm posting in the wrong place or about the wrong thing ect.

I'm investigating natural methods of killing flies and wondering if keeping the plant drosera binata on my windowsil would be possible or effective. I live in the UK and the plant is from New Zealand so I'm not sure. Also if anybody knows whether it is really any good at killing flies, from personal experience, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
khevlan

Carnivourous plants will not solve all your insect problems. They are fun to grow though and will get SOME of them but not all.

Reply to
Johnny Borborigmi

I put couple of pots of Nepenthes into a terrarium that had become infested with fungus gnats and by the next year the gnats were gone. Of course they did nothing to the mealybugs. I also found some flies and a few wasps in the pitchers but not enough to make any difference.

Reply to
Garrapata