Tough skinned veggies...

Folks -

Hello, I'm a newbie and have only recently begun to lurk, so this is my first query... We have Early Girls just coming in (we live about 2 hrs east of Ft Bragg, CA in about 75m from the coast - Lake County) The fruit has kind of a mottled color - red and red/yellows speckling the fruit. The skin is tougher than normal, but the taste is wonderful, also our zucchini are thick skinned as well. Any ideas? We've been whacking things with Miracle Grow, and everything looks happy.... Don't know what's missing, or what we may have too much of.

If there's a more appropriate forum, my apologies... Just point me in the right direction... I am usually over at rec.woodworking...

TIA,

John Moorhead

Reply to