Thinking about gardening

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C36196E3.855E6% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

at least he thinks you're a female. he thinks i'm a guy ;) lee

Reply to
enigma

We know differently!

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C361B9D9.8560C% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

wanna tell him i do have a saphouse & make maple syrup? he says i *obviously* don't know anything because i don't call the saphouse a "sugar house" or something silly like that. oh! i *finally* ordered a barn! it should be up before the holidays (hopefully before snow so i don't have to lug hay down bale by bale... unless it ices, then i can slide downhill on the bales. i did that when i was 6 months pregnant. wheeeee!) anyhow, we're going to move the boiler up to the barn (one 12 x 12 area will be the brewery/sapboiler area) & get a propane arch. the sap still has to flow downhill, so we'll need to pump it back up from the current saphouse, but still... oh, & i'm pretty sure Perl has menengial worm. hopefully hers won't be fatal. i like her. lee

Reply to
enigma

Well, if you share the syrup this year!

Good for you!

There is that

Poor thing C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C361C692.85619% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

if they get the logging finished so i can run sapline! they did get 3 loads out before the rain made it too boggy again, enough to cover the property taxes & they've barely started. if i can't run line we do about 10-20 buckets, but that's not a lot of syrup, especially with at least 10 gallons of sap earmarked for beer... they'll be back to logging as soon as the ground freezes (hopefully it will before February this year)

i'm a bit peeved the vet hasn't called me back yet. there's pretty much nothing you can do once it's symptomatic though. i can just hope she ends up with minor neurological damage, like a dragging foot or blindness :p she's eating well & her mom is being supportive, as in spending lots of time near her. it was really sad when we had DNS put down. his mom spent weeks laying on the grave... she doesn't go near it anymore now though. lee

Reply to
enigma

Your rep is in tact. On Usenet I give people ten million chances before my cork blows out.

Reply to
Jangchub

I rarely blow up on or off line, and I usually ignore him, but this time.... C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

never to accept defeat! it is always good when we overcome what seems insurmountable. good job Lee.

talent admired and noted.

my grandmama could knit and crochet. I'd watch her and not knowing the difference I'd ask, "grandmama are you knitting or crocheting?" sad to say, that knowledge passed on with her.

Reply to
Jim

[....]

product known as HotHands-2® is a wonderful thing to have in your pocket while camping in the higher elevations of the NC mountains during the wintertime.

Jim

Had some in the "survival box" for scouting, should find them and toss them in the truck...

Cheryl Isaak

On 11/15/07 11:52 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net, "Jim" wrote: SNIP

So take some lessons! C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Jim wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

you can still learn! my 7 year old boy learned crochet in school (not public school obviously) & he's starting to learn to knit, although he really hasn't got the coordination quite yet. he has been rake (frame) knitting since he was barely 5 though & has made a couple hats. the simple way to tell knitting from crochet is that crochet uses one hook & knitting uses 2 or more needles (i like 4 or 5 ). rake knitting is like those spool knitters but with more nails to loop around

's going on winter. you should have a bit of downtime to learn a new skill :) lee

Reply to
enigma

My favorite word: Feh.

Reply to