Thermogenic plants

Hi All,

Came across an interesting article on Wilipedia. Plants that create their own heat. Some melt though the snow:

These plants would not be something you'd want to plant in your own garden. Better to give as a gift to an ex-wife or a relative you did not like (they smell bad):

skunk cabbage dead-horse arum carrion flower

:-)

-T

Reply to
Todd

Triffids "Audrey Jr" the legendary Puking Tree of Mozambique

;)

Reply to
zxcvbob

Thanks! I've always wondered how skunk cabbage could beat all those other herbaceous plants through the snow layers in the spring.

Reply to
Frank Miles

Skunk cabbage is a rite of spring for my brother. There is a bog near him that he visits to see the first plants of the year.

Jeff

Got me thinking. Is skunk cabbage responsible for global warming?

Reply to
Frank