Tarpaper for slugs?

A friend recommended I use tarpaper collars around my plants to ward off banana slugs (rapicious little buggers here in N. California).

Any comments on the effectiveness of this? Anyone tried it?

I know about beer traps by the way. And I will not use metaldehyde.

cheers

Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence Bullock

I've been using the iron phosphate slug killer this year, and so far so good. It looks a lot better than tarpaper.

Reply to
Vox Humana