Split Leaf Japanese Maple - Promoting Growth

We have a lovely small split leaf Japanese Maple, which is fully leafed out at about 3/4 of it's circumference. The last 1/4 of the circumference is fairly bare. What we would like to do is to force the tree to fill out completely. Is there a way to force the tree to start filling in this bare spot: for instance, can we attempt a graft from another part of the tree in the bare area? Thanks in advance

Rob Heyman

Reply to
Rob Heyman

snipped-for-privacy@agile-associates.net (Rob Heyman) in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

on some plants, you can motivate certain leaf buds by slightly restricting circulation immediately above the bud.

Gardñ