Spectracide insect killer granules questions

Is there any difference between the effectiveness of Spectracide granules vs their sprays in killing outdoor insects? My main concern is also the risk of Spectracide granules - I have 2 dogs and a cat that regularly go into my side yard - a portion of the yard is where my neighbors lot line starts (the side of his house sits on the zero lot line). I've insisted he not put down Spectracide granules on the zero lot line because I fear it will poison my animals. The second reason is that my wife is a two time breast cancer survivor and she's out there as well. I firmly believe that Spectracide granules (Diazinon, etc) are harmful to my pets and it exposes my wife to a potentially greater cancer risk in the future.

What's the consensus on this --- Is there an organic, non toxic to humans and mammals type of insect granules that I can purchase that can be used instead of Spectracide?

I actually purchased something like this from a farmer in Clewiston (Florida), but it's too far to drive on a regular basis.

Help!

Reply to
Gaffpro

Can anyone help me with this?