Somethig different "words" "Myths"

A very wise man once told me: Everyone should read the book by Plato. It features Socrates in discussions with friends and others. Socrates is trying to find a definition for justice. The famous cave analogy is in book seven. Socrates makes the point over and over again that too many people use words they do not understand. And further, most people do not even think about what they are saying. Results: Confusion, misunderstandings, and wars!

Root Myths Myths: Roots regenerate new roots, roots absorb nutrients, roots are all shallow, roots are the most important part of a plant, roots have pith, roots have heartwood, roots and stems are the same, roots have a green cortex, roots have associations called mycorrhizae, roots absorb food, roots are all below ground, roots on infant trees are the same as mature roots, roots have flairs called root flairs, roots cannot live under pavements, all roots absorb from the soil, over-pruning does not injure roots, roots do not compartmentalize infections, roots are independent of the tops, you can inoculate roots with mycorrhizae, root tips are called root hairs, only root hairs absorb "food", roots go dormant in winter as the top does, roots have buds, and probably many more! Is it any wonder trees have many problems!

Reply to
symplastless

You are starting to be very similar to that of a fundamentalist preacher. I can see if someone asked, but to pots lengthy information which nobody asked for is a waste of your, and ultimately my time.

I stopped listening to you after you asked me to take photo's of my trees where I properly pruned them, AND told me you'd put them on the front page of your website. Then, the only way I knew you received them was to ASK you many weeks later, to which you said you lost them. Get it together man.

Reply to
Jangchub

I asked you for some dissections to see the internal effects of your pruning. I really was not sure enough of your pruning from the outside. Would you place something on a web page you were not sure of? My inexperience I guess. Unless I am really sure of something do I add it. I did have some questions about the cuts. Dissections would be nice. Remember you want to try to get the pith in dissections. Thanks for your comments. I will take them into consideration in my final decision making process. I just was not convinced by your photos. E.g., check this one out.

was in very clear between a correct cut and an incorrect cut. Remember a flush cut can make little cavities for small wildlife (forestry). Not good for the individual but good for the small wildlife. see first picture on this page.
I am sorry I did not explain that your samples where not as clear to me as I would like. Again if you do some dissections let me know. Please understand I am not saying your cuts were wrong.

Reply to
symplastless

No you did not ask for dissections. You asked for photo's of the donuts. Go away. You are a liar now on top of it all. You've lost all credibility with me, not that you ever had any. Pompous.

Reply to
Jangchub

You don't dissect trees? I told you I was not convinced your cuts were perfect cuts. What do you want me to do? Lie? Not this year!

Reply to
symplastless