Shrub Question

Please don't jump on me for asking here ... I'm hoping someone has had experience, is all. I have searched -- the web, gardening books and software, but I'm suffering from information overload and confusion.

Can anyone recommend a shrub, preferable flowering at some point, that won't exceed 6' tall by 6' around that can take 100 degree summers on a Southern exposure that gets full sun all day? In in zone 5, but if this heat keeps up it'll be zone 6 very soon.

Thanks ...

Reply to
Nanceemo

Outside Indian

Potentilla. Floribunda roses. Keep them watered in the heat.

Wendy Sequim, WA (Zone 8)

Reply to
Wendy B G

Another vote for potentilla. karen portland, or

Reply to
AnonnyMoose

Blue mist spirea, fernbush, rabbitbrush, Moonlight broom, apache plume, waxflower, Russian globe peashrub, Nanking cherry, Russian sage to name a few. sed5555

Reply to
Sed5555

I've never heard of most of those! So much for my searching.

Thanks

no offense, and thanks for the suggestions, but I just happen not to like potentilla. I did, until it started being used so widely on commercial property. Yes, I know, that is why it's tough and why you did suggest it. : )

Reply to
Nanceemo

Nine bark, Mock Orange" Blizzard"

Reply to