Should tall bearded iris foliage be cut back in fall?

Or should I just let it die and pull it off as it turns brown?

I had also asked in another thread... should any fertilizer be applied in the fall, or should it wait until early Spring?

Again, I'm talking about rhizome Iris, not bulb Iris.

Reply to
Pelvis Popcan

I let them die back, then remove the spent leaves. I only cut the leaves when I am transplanting/thinning them. Remember, cutting the leaves back while still green means less nutrients going to the roots.

Reply to
fran