Should I use dynamite?

Three years ago, I had to cut down a 30 year old olive tree. It was all burled and knurled at the foot of the truck. I must have sprayed the stump and the regularly appearing shoots with Roundup, at least once a month. I covered it up with dirt and a big boulder. No luck, the new shoots keep sprouting out of the old stump.

Any suggestions for bringing about its demise, or do I give up and let this thing grow into an olive bush?

Reply to
Walter R.

Don't know about your stump, but I'll bet your subject line got

*someone's* attention! ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

The olive tree is the toughest tree in the world. It is a tradition in Spain I think, to beat the trees with a stick to get the olives off. Then the wounds from the beatings are compartmentalized and great visual barrier and reaction zones form. They then cut the tree and make coasters out of the beautiful wood. Try a stump grinder.

Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Arborist

Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless

and let it flourish. Besides, olive trees, especially when they form old and gnarled trunks, are incredibly beautiful.

magical caterpillar