Rooting shrub? ? ?

I've tried several times to root a cutting from an osmanthus fragrens shrub -- sometimes called tea olive or sweet olive. I've even used Rootone, but so far I haven't gotten a cutting to root.

Does anyone have suggestions?

How much should a cut, and how, to have the best chance of rooting?

Reply to
Ray

How about placing a brick on a low branch that has some dirt on it. Wait two years then separate but leave the new plant alone for another year. Layering.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

"Propagation" section.