Roosters

Hi all....any suggestions for an aggressive rooster...my neighgbours have one and they don't want to get rid of it....it has 2 hens under its charge....is bringing in another rooster a good idea to take it's aggressiveness away from the humans a good idea?....I know it's not gardening but it's "husbandry"!! Many thanks for any replies forthcoming!!

Reply to
Heather Gribble

The best way to curb a rooster's aggressiveness is the stewpot.

Reply to
WiGard

It might be a little gamey? I'd brine it and put it in the smoker.

Reply to
Ricky

forthcoming!!

Bringing another rooster into the yard is only going to irritate him, unless you find a more aggressive one, in which case, you would have a larger problem. I had an aggressive one once who decided to try me, I wore him out with a stick, and he didnt try that again.

The rooster is doing what he was made to do.

chaz

Reply to
chaz

There is a newsgroup sci.agriculture.poultry I am sure you could get lots of answer there.

Roberta

Reply to
Roberta L. Mueller

Going off half-cocked...?

Reply to
Bill Spohn

obnoxious birds of all kinds use a tennis racket. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
Michelle

That might be good advice but last time i knew someone who hit a rooster the little #%$%& got him when his back was turrned they really have little fear and some times no matter how big you are or what you do the crazy things wil attack any way I think they have been inbred or somthing and they just go nuts sooner or later

Reply to
Michelle

Reply to
Michelle

forthcoming!!

Buy a good bird dog and let it take care of the rooster for you. Might be a little hard on the two hens though.

Hound Dog

Reply to
Hound Dog

"Heather Gribble" wrote in news:74NUb.45037$ snipped-for-privacy@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

If you bring in another rooster, more likely than not you'll eventually end up with one rooster and one coq au vin, but not until they cockle-doodle you to death first.

This only applies to normal roosters and not metrosexual roosters.

Reply to
Salty Thumb