River birch looses 90% of leaves in Texas heat wave, new leaves now emerging

My Houston-area River Birch planted a year ago lost all but the the outermost leaves in last week's heat wave.

A week later, new leaves are emerging as if were spring.

Willl this affect the tree's ability to lose leaves again in the Fall (some time in November) and re-leaf in the Spring?

Are there any precautions I need to take?

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,but I think it's all...

Richard's fault!

Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at

bberry

No.

Make sure it gets PLENTY of water . . . at least an inch a week. One or two good soakings are better than watering every day, though. Watch the trunk for sun scald. It should be OK.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens