reed growth?

I had a tall reed, or reeds in bushlike form, growing at the edge of my back yard. My husband mistakenly trimmed it entirely down to about one foot from the ground. Is this going to regrow (and if so, how fast) or have we killed it?

Thanks,

sally

Reply to
ro222000

Follow-up: it's a grass or sedge, actually, not a reed. Was growing in a clump, about 2 feet wide, 6 or 7 feet tall (until now...)

Reply to
ro222000