Re: FYI - Sevin Pesticide caused aphid infestation

Pothos

smarts.

And again you prove how worthless you are.

Infested with what?

What's wrong with Hybiscus in Calgary?

You're quite happy to point out folks mistakes, then don't actually try to help any of them. So far you haven't provided one shred of USEFUL information in your posts.

Reply to
Some One

The joys of the worldwide web.....

You've simply made up your mind to dig in and latch on to any and all excuses to continue to not learn to garden.

I'll bet they've grown in that typical tortured form with a leaf, what every 12-18 inches?

Nothing, it's a perfect choice!

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Not when you called it a Pothos... What you said was:

And that piece of shit Pothos is likely infested because of the abnormal form you're growing it in

Inadequacies? Sure, call them that. I'm *NOT* a gardener. I still plants in dirt and then water them when they seem dry.

*shrug* The bottles on the store shelf do what they say they will. I'll just keep using them.
Reply to
Some One

But I *do* read the labels. Very carefully. I apply exactly the rate that the label recommends, and apply at the frequency the label recommends as well. As I said in my original post, I wait the maximum amount of time in between applications - 14 days. I mainly use it to control Japanese Beetles.

Reply to
Pelvis Popcan

You don't have a shower?

Reply to
Jan Flora

The problem is, hon, that the pesticide is killing off all the beneficial insects, too. Plus any birds that dine on the treated insects. Plus increasing your cancer risk significantly. For japanese beetles, let me recommend treating your soil with milky spore. Once it's established, it can last 20 years or more . . . we treated everything around here seven years ago, and the beetle grub population has disappeared. For beetles on the plants, you can really cut into the munching by taking a five gallon bucket, adding a gallon of water, a cup of bleach, and a couple tablespoons of a bleach-compatible soap or detergent. Run your hands along the plants, and sweep the beetles into the bucket, where they will drown. I could clear all thirty trees in the orchard using this technique in less than an hour; less time than it would have taken me to spray, actually. I'd then let the bucket sit out for a couple of days so that the bleach could decompose, and pour the whole shebang onto the compost pile. Beetles controlled with minimal environmental impact, and minimal personal risk.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens

Grubs have just as much right to live as you do! What an ass.

Reply to
Chaim Aryeh Scharfmann

Oh, dear Lord. Please wander on off to alt.politics.animals and leave us alone here.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens

Mr. Popcan wrote in an earlier msg that surrounding lawn areas are not under his control, 'though milky spore had been suggested to the condo committee, or whatever.

Reply to
Frogleg

us? who elected you as spokes person? "Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets, but humbler folk may circumvent this restriction if they know how. To plant a pine, for example, one need be neither god nor poet; one need only own a good shovel. By virtue of this curious loophole in the rules, any clodhopper may say: Let there be a tree--and there will be one"

Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski