Pruning Columnar roses (Lloyd Center)

Hi...can I do a light pruning on my columnar roses( Lloyd Center Pink)..here in SW Washington? They are taller than the supporing 6 " fence and wind is really gonna play havoc with them this winter...

Concern is if I do a light pruning now will they still try to grow rather than go into normal dormant stage...

What is worst case scenario..will I end up with black dead ends that will get pruned off come February...or am I risking killing them due to frost on tender cut ends...

We haven't had a frost here yet and probably wont until middle to end of November...

So do I try pruning now or wait until frost or wait until February?

Reply to
Sandye

I would minimally prune them now to protect them from the winds and do the real pruning in the spring.

Reply to
Travis