Power aerator (plug type) recomendation pls.

Hi,

I have not aerated my lawn for the last 3+ years. Iam planning to aerate a portion of the lawn thats subjected to heavy foot traffic and the grass has thin out. From different threads here I understand the plug type aerator is bettter. Do anyone have a recomendation for a power aerator (plug type)? I like to rent it for a day.

Appreciate any help

Sam

Reply to
sams

Well, your rental company probably won't be giving you much of a choice. If they have different makes or models its more likely that it's because they bought them at different times, not that they were planning on marketing them as different choices. And since you're just renting, you don't need to worry about reliability, maintenance needs, etc.

If you do have a choice, a heavier machine is less likely to bounce off of packed soil, but a lighter machine would be easier to maneuver.

We're not talking about small a machine. If you've never seen a core aerator before, it's a fairly large machine. It's hard to come up with a good reference to it's typical size. It's about the size of a built-in dishwasher. It will weigh about the same without the removable weights. At least two people will be needed to lift it if you don't have a roll-on trailer. Don't even try to lift it with the weights in.

Reply to
Warren