Pittosporum Size Question

Does anyone know how big Pittosporum tenuifolium 'Warnham Gold' eventually get? Regards Mike Gilmore WinsfordWalledGarden, SW England, USDA Zone9a

Reply to
Mike Gilmore

I should think no more than about 10-12'. My 'Garnettii' tops out at about that and most of the other variegated or goldleaf forms remain in that range unless specifically dwarfed forms.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

I've seen them as tall and wide as 12 feet. I have one which is about 4 years old and it is 6 tall and wide.

Reply to
animaux

Thanks to both replies. 12' will be perfect for my situation. I have been delighted with the lovely yellow winter foliage of an existing specimen and did wonder just how big it would eventually develop so I can get another! I have about a dozen varieties now and, to my mind Pittosporums generally are something of an under-valued plant. Close-up, the variegated detail on many is something of a wonder to me.

Reply to
Mike Gilmore