PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Newborn Squirrels

I thought I was through with squirrels for awhile but we can't seem to get away from them.

js

Reply to
Jack Schmidling

Great pictures. You seem like a guy who really enjoys and appreciates the outdoors. Please keep the pictures coming.

chula

Reply to
lookie.here

Thank you so much for not doing what other more barbaric people do. We used to have rats up in our attic and though I really, really didn't like having them up there, the only time I truly got upset was when one of them got stuck in the wall.

What are you going to do when the babies leave? Have you found their entrance?

escape

wait until they are fully grown & kill them. :o)

Reply to
longshot

Jack, don't feel badly about "messing with the nest." I've watched female squirrels with kits/pups ( ?) and believe that Mom routinely moves them from the whelp-nest to a new location as soon as eyes open and/or the little ones begin vocalizing. Regardless of accidental nest discovery by humans, moving the young before they give away their location is just sound predation escape.

not that I've STUDIED Squirrel in the wild, thats my 2 cents FWIW.

Sue West Bethel ME

Reply to
sue and dave