Phosphorus - effect on soil pH

We recently had our soil tested and found that our soil pH was high (7.2). The test also reported that the level of phosphorus in the soil was very low. We were given recommendations to add 1.5 lbs of sulfur/100 sq ft to lower the pH into the best range, and to add 1 pound of phosphorus/100 sq ft. As the phosphorus in superphosphate is in the form of phosphoric acid (P2O5) I'm wondering what effect adding phosphoric acid to the soil will have on soil pH, and how or if we should alter the sulfur recommendation in light of this. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Bob Jarvis

Same thing it does to soda pop... lower.

Reply to
Nutjob the Fatsquirrel