Nemaslug - used it?

I am trying out nematodes (sp?) for the first time this year. They are tiny parasites that live on slugs, and only slugs. As the slugs simply shrugged and s******ed at my slug pellets last year, and I'm worried about the dog/baby eating them (pellets not slugs, slugs are fine), I thought I'd give it a go. It's not cheap, so I hope it works, I've already spotted a couple of tiny slugs in the garden. Yuck. I hate their munching slimy meanness.

Do you use them? How did it work out for you?

I'll update with what happens during the spring growing season, which is when slugs are the worst problem.

Reply to
tazmainiandevil

Hi, I started using nemaslug last year. Really, really impressed with it. It is quite expensive, but when you work out the cost of spreading slug pellets over a 6 week period, it cant be much different and once applied you can forget about them for 6 weeks.

Overall I would give them 9 / 10 (I would give 10 if the price was a bit lower) anyway I found the cheapest place here:

They list the cheapest nematode suppliers in order (cheapest first). I'm still waiting for my nematodes now, think they should be here any day....

Reply to
Adam E