Native plant companions for roses

Aside fron google and yahoo searches (which I did for several hours), does anyone have any links to this topic?

Thanks, if you do and provide.

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

There is no one size fits all answer to your question. It depends on the rose being grown and where. The person responding from Nebraska is not going to have the same answer as a person from south Florida, Maine, Washington, or San Diego. Your local Rose Society will have the best information.

zhan

Reply to
zhanataya

Thank you for the reply. The local rose society is the one who requested this presentation.

(psst! I am not crazy about roses but if I could develop a presentation....)

JK

zhanataya wrote:

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

If it is a presentation you have been asked to give for your local rose society, then I would focus on the native plants and wildflowers in your area. If not the internet and google, there should be a number of resources available to you - a local native plant society, field books etc, maybe a nursery that specializes in native plants. Then it is just a matter of determining which natives look good in combination with roses and like the same growing conditions.

pam - gardengal

(psst! I am not crazy about roses but if I could develop a presentation....)

JK

zhanataya wrote:

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Affirmation! This is precisely what my discovery work revealed today with my local chapter native plant society, a rose organization person other than the requester and a walk-through at 2 native plant farms.

Pam - gardengal wrote:

Reply to
J Kolenovsky