naming rights

My very own "madgardener", my mother died a couple weeks ago. I have inherited her vast gardens and fortunately am able to afford her garden helper. What I would really like to do is get a golden yellow day lily named after her. Her name was Zlata which means golden in Yugoslav (where she was born). Which is the largest lily hybridizer? Does anyone know if I could buy naming rights? Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

I dont have an answer for you, but I am sorry you lost your mother. I hope you heal in Gods time, and that her memory lives on in those gardens you have inherited.

chaz

Reply to
chaz

Water Gardening Society

auctioned off naming rights to a water lily -- just one, these rights having been donated by some mucklymuck in the society (Texas hybridizer Kenneth Landon) -- & the first bidder was willing to pay $2,500 -- putting the kabosh on anyone else making a bid.

For daylilies I'd bet if you contacted hybridizers & made them an offer, they'd be eager to make an extra thousand dollars if you made an offer, & the name Zlata would be especially apropos. Perhaps you could contact some through the American Hemerocallis Society

who could give you information on obtaining naming rights or at least a list of hybridizers.

-paggers

Reply to
paghat

that would possibly be Oaks Daylilies in Knoxville. I'll see if I can find their phone number and address for you, or look in the ads in Horticulture and Fine Garden. They have their ad in both of them. Possibly in Garden Design too. They are HUGE and have all sorts of their hybrids. You'll probably be able to get them to do this. My love to you and I know your mom is at peace and gardening in a perfect place now, no weeds, no pests, just perfect and awesome flowers and bushes and trees. ((hug)) madgardener

Reply to
madgardener