My sod is still not green

I started laying my sods about a week ago.Due to rainy weather, I could not put all the sods within a day. As a result, I put some of sods after 3 days from time of delivery. Although the sod was not dired out, the blades were not green. They looked dried. When I put these sods, I have been watering these guys since then. However, I cannot see any sign of recovery. Should I wait more, or the grass is dead?

thanks

Reply to
FardinA

Depending on the sod, the grass tops may have dried out but the roots may still be alive ready to pop back up on a cool day as long as you don't let the roots really dry out.

John

Reply to
John T. Jarrett

If I understand the situation, you received sod and laid some of it immediately and some of it sat for three days before it was laid. Does the sod look good that you laid immediately or is all the sod brown?

Reply to
Vox Humana

Reply to
Eurocat

Sod has a very short shelf life - it should be laid as soon as possible after harvesting, within 2-3 days. If you got yours direct from a sod grower, you may still be okay with regualr deep watering. If you got them from a retailer who in turn got them from a grower, they could have been as much as a week old before you purchased it. In this case, the chances of its revival are slim.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

In hot weather the shelf life of fescue, bluegrass or ryegrass sod is maybe

12 hours from harvest, 36 hours at the most. From what you describe, it sounds like it has passed on the great turf farm in the sky.
Reply to
Michel Buonarroti