Misting

Today I bought misters for my back porch area. I'm not crazy about the idea, but SWMBO bought them. Then suggested that they would do well in a greenhouse. How does misting do in a greenhouse? I think that it may cause too much humidity, and potentially raise the chance of fungus and other bad things.

Thoughts and experiences appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

It will depend on what you are growing the greenhouse. As I said before only plants that have come from a naturally humid environment need to be misted. Humidity and fungal growth are a big problem in greenhouses, commercial greenhouse operators often use fungal sprays. Depending on your weather you may need to open vents and windows to reduce humidity especially in summer. I suggest you do quite a bit of study before you lay out the money for a greenhouse.

Misting is recommended for house plants because many houses are very dry and because the plants are selected because they tolerate low light conditions which means they are from shady situations like rainforest understory, so they like to be surface damp. This does not apply to common vegetables.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott