Mimmosa Tree

I am searching for seeds by this Mimmosa Tree. Used to have one at my last home and dearly love to grow more of them at my new home. Can someone send me or tell me where I could get some help looking or getting this seed.

Jrwolf

Reply to
www.ttdown.com

Does someone have seeds to this tree or know where I could find some. This is a beautiful tree and holds very special place for me too. Could some one help with finding the seeds?

Reply to
www.ttdown.com

Sure that you want Mimosa and not Albizzia julibrissan (Silktree)?

Reply to
Mike LaMana

I think they are called both,aren't they? I know it has beautifuyl pink flowers and fern like leaves that close upon touching the leaves. They also (Leaves) close at night.

Is that the silk tree?

Jrwolf

Reply to
www.ttdown.com

a look:)

Reply to
Twobtold

"............ I think they are called both,aren't they? I know it has beautifuyl pink flowers and fern like leaves that close upon touching the leaves. ............"

I wonder if this is what you are thinking about

than

David Hill

Do you mean that nasty weed that is growing all over around here, spreading seeds wildly and crowding out native species, and is just about impossible to kill? I'd have to wonder why anybody would want one but you can certainly dig up all you could carry away from my area and everyone would thank you for taking them. You could take some of the Paulownia tomentosa with you too.

Reply to
John McGaw

Exactly - one is Mimosa the other is silktree (Albizzia).

Reply to
Mike LaMana

Maybe in your part of the country you have them all over but we never had a problem with them spreading out over all. Its just goes to say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Jrwolf

Reply to
www.ttdown.com

I think they are beautiful, too. Just didn't know what they were called until I saw the pictures.

amy

Reply to
Amy D

John McGaw

this was but after looking in The Garden Primer by Barbara Damrosch it seemed to be the one. My neighbor called it something else, and she seems to know more about what grows over here than I do. The pods that this tree puts out are a problem. One year of the drought we have here they even ended up in the neighbors yards and were just a pain to rake away. Last year there were not so many. I wouldn't have planted that tree myself, but we're stuck with it for now and it is pretty.

Reply to
Skirmishd

Could you possibly send me at least 20 to 30 pods of seeds. If so I should get with you from reg. e-mail . I would gladly pay for you to send them to me.

Jrwolf

Reply to
www.ttdown.com

Reply to
www.ttdown.com

Albizia (mimosa) is marginally hardy in zone 6 (meaning it might be killed in the rare severe winter) and not hardy without a lot of protection in zone

Reply to
gregpresley

The tree survived just fine here and flowers every year before it was taken down. I know alot of you think I'm crazy for wanting this tree but I work with the one I had and it turned into almost like a Bonsai tree for me which I enjoyed many afternoon reading and enjoying my yard. People to alot of others this tree is a weed or what ever, but to me all I am asking for is some seed, that's all. I thank you all for you answers and help I really do. But as a person who's joy is now in my yard and what I see out a window due to my handicap is the world to me. I get to stand some days about four hours on and off my legs and my yard and plantsand my white sheperd are my full enjoyment, please understand why I am asking for seed.

I will pay a COD or shipping somehow I just want to enjoy my yard my way is all.

Sincerely,

Jrwolf

Reply to
www.ttdown.com

Richter's Herbs has Mimosa seeds for sale. Here's the url:

do a search for "mimosa" and you'll see it.

Personally, I think there's no more enchanting smell in the world than that of mimosa blossoms on a misty morning. I understand quite well why you'd want one, invasive or not, they soothe the soul.

Good luck with it!

Casey

Reply to
Casey Stevens

Thank you so much I have ordered my seeds and smiling away. Thank you again to everyone.

Reply to
www.ttdown.com

I have Many Seeds now on relitives trees I also have 12 1 ft tall trees

Reply to
EmmaRose

I have many seeds also 12 1ft tall tres

Reply to