Lupin question.

Hello everyone, I planted some lupins in March & it said on the seed packet that they should be flowering next spring. I currently have them in pots as I didn't want to risk planting them out until I was sure they would survive slugs. Now however, there are at least two lupin flowers on the plants. What does this early flowering mean, what should I do next? I'm a complete novice so any advice would be welcome.

Reply to
Freedom_Spark

i have a one plant in flower it is a pretty purple one and i am so proud of it

Reply to
agentelrond

Mine are pink, so is this normal then? I'll just be proud of mine as well!

Reply to
Freedom_Spark

Christopher Lloyd always grew lupins as annuals as they did not last in his soil.

If the pots they are in are large enough, leave them but take off the flower stem to encourage root growth.

Reply to
beccabunga