looking after cactus

I know that you should not water cactus a lot but do they need feeding at all? I don't know what type they are but at the moment are very small, 4 different types in a 10 inch pot, Thankyou for any help,

Wendy

Reply to
moggyjo

Cacti require very little fertilizer. Shultz makes a liquid fertilizer specifically for cacti, 7 drops per quart of water. I don't use any fertilizer on cactus during their rest period. A 10" pot sounds like a large pot for 4 small cacti, a situation that can kill cactus with soils that will not dry out easily. Most cacti grow very slowly in a home environment.

Reply to
Phisherman