Lawn Weed Puller

what are the effective/easy-to-use lawn weed pullers out in the market?

Reply to
lcheni

There is a good list of long-handled and short-handled weeders on the World of Weeds at

Many are precise weed pullers designed for lawn and flower bed applications. The list includes several weed twisters from different manufacturers which are very popular today. Comparisons of various tools are are also provided. Many of these tools are not found in retail stores and can only be purchased on the Web.

Ray _______________________________________________ Talk about weeds: World of Weeds

raycruzer

I have one that I purchased at Home Depot in Canada for about $10 last year, and it works very well on the dreaded dandelions. It's rather like the more expensive Weed Hound, but without the gizmosis that ejects the weed from the tool. My husband was planning to purchase the Weed Hound, but they were sold out. I haven't been disappointed though.

You put the claws of it over the dandelions, stomp on the lever and lean it over to one side to remove the thing from the ground, root and all. I don't find it too difficult to remove the offensive plant from it with my gloved hand. I've used the Weed Hound too, and found that punching the ejector thing hard on the hand after awhile. The tool I have is called a dandelion weeder I think.

Here in Halifax, Nova Scotia, many gardening chemicals are banned. Doesn't bother me, I'd rather not use them anyhow. This tool makes a rather good-sized divot in your grass, but I just look at this as aerating. :) Plus, this usually gets rid of most of the root. This is our second spring/summer of dandelion pulling, and things have improved greatly since year one. It seems that all my efforts of yanking out the buggers last year has made a difference! Although some days it seems as though there is no end to the dratted yellow buggers..

KD

Reply to
KD